The Seaford Secondary College Governing Council meets twice per term on Monday’s at 6.30pm.
The Seaford Secondary College Governing Council comprises 19 councillors, including:
- 1 Principal
- 10 elected parents of the school
- 2 staff of the school
- 2 students of the school
- 3 community members
- 1 Pastoral Care Worker
Role of Council:
To involve the school community in the governance of the school by:
- providing a focus and a forum for the involvement of parents and the school community
- ascertaining the educational needs of the local community and the attitude of the local community to educational developments with the school; and
- ensuring that the cultural and social diversity of the community is considered and particular needs are appropriately identified.
- To set the broad direction and vision of the school
- Strategic planning for the school including:
- Determine policies for the school including policies for the safety, welfare and management of students.
- Determine the application of the total financial resources available to the school including the regular review of
- Developing, monitoring and reviewing the objectives and targets of the strategic plan; and
- Considering, approving and monitoring human resource and asset management plans
- Monitor and review the Services Agreement.
Report to the school community on:
- the Site Improvement Plan
- the finances of the school
- operational plans and the council’s operations
This page lists our current Publications & Policies.
|Governing Council Constitution||17/02/20||682KB|
|Code of Practice for Governing Councils||17/02/20||536KB|